Happy summer solstice eve!!!

I thought it would be a good time to post an update on those lilacs I planted a while back

Don't they look great??

What?

Really? You don't believe me?


Okay, fine.  Yes, all the little free ones died.  Since they didn't have much of a root system, I'm not too surprised.  A bit disappointed, but not surprised.  It was still worth the attempt though.  So, today, I went to the garden centre, and bought four new ones to replace them.  While costing significantly more, the silver lining here is that I got four different varieties, and so will have a nice show of flowers (hopefully) in the years to come. 

From front to back: 

Syringa pubescens microphylla 'Superba': littleleaf lilac with rosy pink flowers
Syringa vulgaris 'Aucubaefolia': double blue flowers
Syringa vulgaris 'President Poincare': magenta red flowers
Syringa vulgaris 'Sensation': purple and white flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...