CSA Basket 5 of 10




I cannot believe the CSA is half over! 

In related news, I also cannot believe it's August already.

However, I am enjoying the fact it is corn season, and you can't have one without the other!

In this week's basket, we have carrots, green onions, a bunch of parsley, lots of peppers, a few tomatoes (first of the year!), a selection of peaches and plums (yeah!!), more corn (double yeah!!), some beans, kale, a cucumber, a  zuchinni zucchinni zucchini and a green pattypan, and a little something extra:



Pesto butter!  I can't wait to try it on the corn :)

The zuchinni zucchinni zucchini and the pattypan have a date with some sausage on the grill, the kale might join some eggs and bacon for breakfast - along with some tomato slice - I LOVE tomato with eggs!  The rest of the tomatoes, cucumber, onions and sweet peppers will become a salad, probably for lunches along with the feta I have in the fridge, and the corn....  oh, I have something special planned for the corn, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...