When life gives you lemons...

... preserve them! With salt, of course!


I've been wanting to try this for a while now, and lemons were on sale this week, so I hied me to the store to buy 10.  The recipe I was following said to cut off the ends, then quarter the lemons without cutting all the way through to the end, like this:



However, I found I couldn't get enough of them into the jar, so I ended up simply quartering them all the way through, then salting each quarter before smushing them into the quart jar. Of course, once I was done, I realized using a wide mouth jar might have made this a wee bit easier...


I was able to fit 7 lemons into one quart, and used one more for juice to fill the jar.

Now, all I have to do is wait....




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...