One of Twelve, Part Two

Once again, I'm doing monthly family dinners as my Christmas present to my adult family members.

And, once again I have no photos :(

Mainly because it was a quick meal to put together - chicken alfredo with garlic bread and caesar salad. 

My niece is leaving soon, moving west, so I let her pick the meal. This was her second choice - I merely laughed when she suggested steak and crab!

It was soooo good.

Low fat, not so much...

And, of course, I don't really have a recipe.

I cut up the chicken (four breasts) and tossed the pieces with a mixture of salt, pepper and dried basil, then pan fried (in small batches - don't crowd the pan!) until browned and cooked through. Meanwhile, I melted an insane amount of butter in a heavy bottomed pot over low heat, added some minced garlic (from the garden - yeah!!), and cooked until the garlic was soft. I added about twice as much cream as butter, then tossed in a couple of handfuls of freshly-grated parmesan cheese.

Please, do not use cheese from a can.

Ever.

A block of parmesan lasts me about a year, costs around $20-25, and is so. much. better.

Anyhow...

After heating the sauce through, I added the chicken, then the cooked fettucini.

The sauce didn't thicken at all, but still coated the pasta nicely, and tasted fantastic.

I also made garlic bread by mixing more butter with more garlic, spreading on sliced Italian bread, topping with sliced provalone cheese, then broiling until the cheese was all warm and bubbly and good.

And Mom brought the salad - thanks Mom!

This isn't a recipe I make very often (butter and cream and cheese, oh my!), so it's not one I've perfected. I'd like the sauce to be a bit thicker, but I don't really want to use cream cheese or whipping cream. It's so easy to make though - I might have to make it more often, and work on my recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...